I will continue to caress the pen from behind my secret closet, and to kiss the microphone before these many strangers’ admiring eyes.
I will continue to sing out the syllables of your name in the bathroom, as every passing mosquito either sings along or whispers, lest I slap it against the wall and it instantly dies.
I will count this long precious time I've taken trying hard to find you as the worthy price that every beautiful thing demands whoever really wants it to have to pay,
I will give you all the time you need to figure everything out, even as you continue grow your mind,
And when you’re old enough to surely want to marry, I’ll surely love to be the one who steals that golden heart of yours away!
And when you’re old enough to surely want to marry, I’ll surely love to be the one who steals that golden heart of yours away!
-Mar’Kata Rhaimes Poetry

No comments:
Post a Comment